The minutes from the November meetings of both the SAA Foundation Board and the SAA Council are now available: http://www2.archivists.org/november-meeting-minutes-adopted-for-saa-foundation-board-and-council.
A few points to highlight from the SAA Council meeting minutes:
- Adopted a revised information brief on the Freedom of Information Act focused on access to federal records as well as transparency and accountability of government agencies.
- Revised the description of the Committee on Education to create a Graduate Archival Education Subcommittee.
- Agreed to form a Committee on Research and Evaluation (CORE) “that is responsible for conducting or facilitating research that is practical, meaningful, and useful for SAA and the archives community.” A committee charge and addition creation plans are still to come.
- Approved the work plan for implementing Member Affinity Group proposed changes, including the changing of all affinity groups to “sections” (no more roundtables).
- Annual meeting site selection updates — currently working on contracts for a 2019 meeting in Texas (either Austin or San Antonio — both of which offer excellent tacos, so I’m pleased!) and 2020 meeting in Chicago.
If you want to see any of the documents referenced in the notes, you can find links to everything in the agenda here: http://archivists.org/groups/saa-council/november-14-16-2016-council-meeting-agenda.
As always, let me know if you have any questions!!